12th April 2021

DOWNEND FOLK HOUSE ASSOCIATION
ZOOM MANAGEMENT MEETING MINUTES
Monday 12th April 2021
PRESENT
Mrs E Bendrey, -Chairman, Mr M Brown, Mrs M Hosking, Mrs C Bilella, Mr B Gibbs. Mr A Clements, Mrs Julia Kennett, Ms J Biggin –Parish Councillor.

1. APOLOGIES.
Mrs J Bishop, Mrs J Wheadon

2. MINUTES OF THE MANAGEMENT MEETING HELD MONDAY 1ST MARCH 2021
The meeting agreed the Minutes to be a true representation and the Chairman signed the supplied copy.

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MANAGEMENT MEETING
Property & Management
Mobile phone improvement. Ongoing Mel.

4. CORRESPONDENCE
Letter from Richard Hopkins to say that our plans for the new office are moving along. Agreement needed from Wessex water and planning dept. SGC.

5. PROPERTY & MANAGEMENT
The usual checks are taking place within the building to ensure its safety. Action Joan.

6. ADMINISTRATION
Joan has started to gather information to print the prospectus.
Do any of the membership have any ideas of how the MC can deliver the prospectus to DFHA members who do not use the Website. Please contact the office, or any of the MC committee.
It has been proposed by the MC that all members of the Office staff are trained in the use of Zoom meetings.

7. FINANCIAL REPORT
Current Financial Situation :
Deposit £100,000
Current Account £ 31,993
Total £131,993
This is a small drop since last month, but our reserves are holding up far better than initially envisaged.

Significant Expenditure - > £500
Since the March report, apart from the normal large payments, ie wages, utilities, etc, we have not had any significant expenditure Mel to update

Mobile Phone Improvement

Following the supply of the video of the LEDs on the booster unit, nothing was heard from either company, so Mel started the small claims process on 13th March. The pile of documents (over 150 sheets of paper, including 97 e-mails), was sent using the Post Office “1st class to be signed for” system. However it never arrived, and on 26th March Mel regenerated the paperwork and sent it “1st class guaranteed next day delivery before 13.00” – This time it did arrive on the next day and was signed for at 08.00! Mel to update

Fees for Sept 2021
All fees/hiring rates will be the same as they were at September 2020. Agreed by MC

Prospectus Distribution

Any suggestions as to how the prospectus which Joan is working on is distributed this year? Management Committee

Wall Repair
We have engaged a builder, recommended by Joan, to reattach the top bricks on the corner bank retaining wall, and to make good the bottom corner. (This is the right angle wall where the eco-car park meets the main car park). Currently awaiting a price, and a start date (should be within the next four weeks)
For Information
Drain Issues
There have been some issues with the external water drains – Phil has managed to resolve most of them, however the drain/soak away in the outdoor pre-school area is proving troublesome. Due, we believe, to the children washing off their muddy shoes in the Belfast sink. Mel to update

The Management Committee would like to take this opportunity to thank Mel Brown for all his continued hard work and attention to detail, plus the extra funding that he gained for us.

8. SOCIAL & FUND RAISING
Nothing at the moment.

Pat Holmes has made an enquiry as to a return date for the Choir. Government rules state nothing until after June at the moment. Noted by MC

9. FIRE & SAFETY
Up to Date. Action Joan

10. WEBSITE UPDATE.
If anyone wishes to add to our website please contact Bruce. Reopening the DFHA according to government rules, watch our website. Thanks to Bruce for organizing the Zoom call meeting today. Action Bruce

11. AOB
Annual Parish Assembly, Thursday 15th April, 7.30pm on Zoom. Join Zoom meeting: Meeting ID: 971 7853 7395, Pass code: 874408. Everyone welcome. Further details on the Parish Website: www.dbhparishcouncil.co.uk

Plans for the new modular sports pavilion in King George V Park, have now been sent to the Planning Dept. SGC, so we need to wait for their response.

CCTV – Installation will begin this month to install three cameras on the High Street here in Downend, which should be completed during July. SGC has agreed to fund the ongoing maintenance and monitoring costs, with D&BHPC paying for the initial outlay of the CCTV cameras.

Downend High Street – SGC has allocated an additional £120k support on top of the recently launched£400k ‘Help us Thrive’ Grant, which Downend will directly benefit. On SGC’s website is a five-minute survey – please take part to influence how Downend will look, feel and work in the years to come:
https:consultations.southglos.gov.uk/connect.ti/DownendHighst/consultationHome
There is a trial of E scooters in Downend for a year. There is irritation among the residents that the scooters are being left anywhere the hirers feel like when they have finished their use.

If the Government rules hold as listed 12th April 2021.
Snooker Club may restart 17th May 2021
War Games may restart 23rd May 2021

12. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT ZOOM MEETING
Monday 10th May at 9.30 am